If you know of a Flat-Coated Retriever that is in need of rehoming or needs to be rescued from a shelter, please contact one of the following people for assistance:
MWFCRC Flat Coat Rescue Chair
If you would like to help out with rescue, please contact Cathy!
National Flat Coat Rescue Chair
For more information on rescue, go to the FCRSA's Rescue Page. There are several ways YOU can help/volunteer with Rescue:
- Microchip and/or tattoo your dogs!
- Help to identify possible rescue Flat-coats.
- Offer to be a foster home.
- Aid in transportation of a rescue.
- Visit your local shelter with your dogs so they can see a Flat-coat 'in person'.
Cash donations for rescue are always appreciated!
If you breed:
- Make sure you know where all your pups are!
- Microchip your pups before they are placed in their new homes.
- State that you will take the dog back or help rehouse if the need arises.
- Be sure to place non-breeding pups on a spay and neuter contract!